Do Your Sales Suck? The Problem Might Be Your Words!
You can be using the most attractive layout, high quality graphics and photos, but if your words suck, your sales are going to suck, too!
The art of selling through words is known as “copywriting,” and it can be a very hard form of writing to grasp!
For example, when you go to the store to buy a coffee maker, the box will have all of the specifications and technical info listed.
You may think that this is what should be told to consumers in an ad — but it isn’t! That technical stuff isn’t going to sell any coffee makers!
Instead, the benefits – not the features – of that coffee maker should be listed. The words should describe the setting of a person getting out of bed, all groggy and sleepy-eyed, and how much better their morning is because of that coffee maker.
The words should describe how easy it is to use, how much energy that cup of coffee gives you, and how convenient it is to have it in your home, versus going out and buying coffee…. See what I’m saying? The words paint the picture of a better life, because of that coffee maker!
If your copy could use an overhaul (and most copy DOES), then you’ll want to grab The Guide To Great Copy!
You’ll receive the following:
- A 25 page Copywriting Workbook that will walk you through everything you need to know, step-by-step
- A Copywriting Glossary – some of the terms may be new, and this will make sure you “speak the language”
- A Copyediting Checklist – pull it out when you are writing your copy to make sure you get everything right!
- A swipe file of great pre-written headlines that you can use
- A swipe file of power words and phrases that you can start using in your writing to bring out emotions – that make people want to buy!