But having a newsletter is only half the battle. You have to have readers to go along with it!
Need some ideas on how to promote your newsletter and get more sign-ups? Read on for some inspiration:
- Put a sign-up form in the sidebar of your website (preferably the upper right hand side). Have some sort of headline above the newsletter box to draw attention.
- Link to it via the status updates from your Facebook page. (do this on the page you have set up for your business, not your personal page)
- Use Pinterest. Post good, quality pictures that catch attention. Pinterest is very visual, and if your pictures don’t look good, no one will want to share them.
- Write guest posts for other people’s blogs. Give a short blurb for your website or newsletter at the bottom of the guest post.
- Participate in giveaways. I have an upcoming giveaway at the Big Biz Giveaway and there’s still time to join in as a partner.