One of the most important parts of having a business is knowing who your target market is. These are the people who are the most interested in your products and services. Once you know who your target market is, everything pretty much falls into place.
For example, I reach all types of people with my site, but I am going after a very specific type of person. I am marketing to women who are interested in starting and growing their own home business. And while I am glad to have women of all age brackets reading my site, I am targeting women who are hip and modern, specifically those in their 20s and 30s.
That idea of who I wanted to reach played into every part of my site. I chose the name IndieBizChicks because I wanted to reach independent women with home businesses. I did not start the Corporate Mature Women Site for growing an Inc 500 business.
I chose bright pink and black, because it looks fresh, energetic, and modern. The exact type of woman I’m reaching out to.
See what I mean? Your target market is soooo important!
Also import? your USP – this is your unique selling point.
Another example: There are a lot of sites out there that give out business information. So, what makes my site unique? Well, I tell it like it is, in easy to understand language. I provide real life examples that you can easily understand, and sometimes, I throw in a few swear words.
So, that, in a nutshell is my USP.
Now, it’s time to figure out your target market and your USP!
And I have just the workbook to help you .. and wouldn’t you know, it’s called Know Your Target Market, and it’s part of The IndieBizChicks.com Workbook Club.
When you join, you’ll receive Know Your Target Market and Getting Your Site Up And Running immediately. Then, you’ll receive a new workbook every 14 days after that, for a year.
Here is a list of the workbooks:
- Know Your Target Market
- Getting Your Site Up & Running
- Creating Your Mailing List
- How To Brand Your Business
- Developing Content Skills
- Low Cost Advertising
- Making Sense Of Analytics
- How To Do Market Research
- How To Expand Your Biz When You’re Short On Cash
- Connecting With Your Audience
- Creating Profits From Your Content
- Generating Online Traffic
- Turn Your Words Into Sales
- 25 Ways To Grow Your Biz With Social Media
- Ideas For Using Audio & Video On Your Blog
- Cut The Fat Out Of Your Biz
- Get More Sales
- Creating A Productive Home Office Space
- Creating Info Products
- Do You Need A Website Or Blog Makeover?
- How Your Local Community Can Boost Your Online Biz
- Using Videos To Market Your Biz
- Smart Marketing For An Indie Biz
- How To Run Your Biz (Without It Running You)
- The Power Of Partnerships
- How To Create Recurring Revenue In Your Biz
- How Technology Trends Affect Your Biz (bonus workbook; will receive with above workbook; completes your membership)