I don’t usually write too much personal stuff on this blog (except for recent entries, like this one) After all, I figure you are reading this because you want to learn about business, not me. But my friend Rachel tagged me in this game, so I’m gonna play.
The rules of the game:
Each tagged person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them, plus create 11 new questions for the people they tag.
Then they choose 11 new people to tag (no tag backs) and link to them in the post.
11 things about ME!
1. I think the best present my parents ever gave me is my sister, Lasy. She is my best friend and I don’t know what I’d do without her.
2. I love books. Put me in a book store or library and I’m entertained for hours. My youngest nephew loves reading and asks to go to the bookstore, and my oldest nephew has discussed a few books with me that he had to read this year in school. That kinda makes my heart melt.
3. I can’t whistle. I’ve tried to learn. I just can’t do it.
4. Definitely not a secret, but my favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack. I try to give them a shout-out whenever I can. This seemed like a good place.
6. I am fascinated by the Mormons. I don’t want to convert. But I find their religion – and how much faith that they have in it – very interesting.
7. I am always baking or cooking something. I love the kitchen.
8. I don’t really mind winter that much. I kinda dig it.
9. I want a French Bulldog. And I want to name him Bruiser.
10. I have high arches – and I sprain my ankles a lot. I thought I was just clumsy. Then, last year, I read an article about how people with high arches tend to get sprains more often. Which makes me feel better.
11. I really, really love what I do for a living. Thank God I got the idea to start a website.
11 Questions from Rachel:
What is your favorite restaurant?
I seriously love Qdoba. It’s fast food, so I don’t know if it counts, but I could eat there everyday.
What is your lucky number?
Who is your favorite CNN anchor? (Mine is Wolf Blitzer.)
I don’t watch CNN …
Would you ever get plastic surgery?
Maybe … I think I’m aging pretty well. I’m almost 35 and most people think I’m in my 20s. But who knows? There may come a time where I want a little something-something.
Do the Freemasons secretly rule the world/control the global economy? Also, is JayZ one of them?
I don’t know if JayZ is a Freemason. It should be pretty easy to tell. I mean, the people who are Freemasons are not secretive about being one. They’re just secretive about what the hell actually goes on during their meetings…. And I don’t think they rule the world or control the global economy per se – but I think they have friends in very high places and that strings are pulled in their favor.
What is your all-time favorite video game?
Ms. Pac-Man or The Oregon Trail (remember playing that on those HUGE Macs in elementary school????)
If you could leave on a vacation right now, where would you go?
If cost was no factor – Europe! I want to see Ireland, England, France and Italy.
Gelato, ice cream, or sorbet?
If you could travel back in time (without disturbing the space-time continuum) which era would you visit first?
I’d go back to my childhood. I think it would be really neat to see my parents at the age I am now, and see myself and my sister as children. But, see it through my adult eyes – it would be a very different perspective and an awesome experience.
What is your favorite song?
I am a music girl. It’s hard to pick just one favorite. But I can tell you that whenever I hear “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana, I’m instantly transported back to 9th grade and that whole feeling of the early 90s. Change was in the air back then. It was exciting – and you could feel the energy.
What is the best way to get rid of mice in an old apartment building? (Really, I must know.)
I’ve got no clue. But I hope you get rid of those mice!
11 Questions for YOU:
Who was your favorite character on Sesame Street?
How many times have you been pulled over?
How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
What is the weirdest food combination that you like to eat?
Have you ever caused a scene in public?
What is a skill that you have that most people don’t know about?
What is a skill you wish you were better at?
What your most hated class in school?
What was your favorite class?
Are you a Mac or a PC?
If you were going to be interviewed on a talk show, which one would you pick?
The people I’m tagging: