Quizzes are super popular (and they have the power to viral quickly & easily)! How many of them have you taken on Facebook? We’re ALL guilty of opening Facebook and seeing quizzes our friends have shared, and all of a sudden, we realize an hour has gone by while we took quizzes to find out which character we are on 90210 or if we’d survive being trapped on a desert island.
Here are 5 ways to grow your biz with a quiz:
1) Get Traffic & Go Viral – As I mentioned above, it’s easy for a quiz to go viral. People share them all the time on Facebook! When you put a quiz on your site, and then allow people to share their result on social media, many people automatically do that. When they share it, their friends are going to be curious to know what result they will get, so they come to your site to take the quiz, then they share it, etc. You can get A LOT of traffic by creating a quiz!
2) Get More Email Subscribers – As I mentioned above, you will get a lot of traffic by creating a quiz and sharing it on social media. The boost in traffic alone can increase the amount of people who sign up for your newsletter. BUT – you can further increase your sign-ups by making people sign up for your mailing list to see the results. Now, you don’t want to create a viral quiz, just to have a bunch of people who aren’t your target market signing up for your list. BUT – if your quiz matches your ideal customer, this is a great way to grow your list. For example – if you are a style blogger, you could create a quiz where people find their style personality, and then they have to sign up for your list to see the result.
3) Quizzes Help You Segment Your List – You can get very specific with your quizzes, and when you do this, you can segment quickly and easily segment your mailing list to give people the exact info they want. For example – let’s say you are a health coach. You can have a quiz where people can figure out what’s holding them back from getting healthy. The results could be a lack of time management, not knowing which foods are really healthy, or it could be self doubt.
When people sign up for your mailing list to view their results, you can give them a series of emails with info that will help them overcome their specific problem. For example – when you deliver tips for quick and easy grocery shopping, meal prep tips, and ideas for quick and healthy meals to the person who is too busy to eat healthy, they will be more likely to open your emails. They will see that you do understand their problem and can help them, and they’ll be more likely to hire you as a health coach.
4) Quizzes Help You Sell More Products & Services – Imagine that you are a web designer. A person goes to your site and looks at your design packages but isn’t sure what to purchase. They may feel so overwhelmed, they click away and don’t purchase anything. Now, let’s say you had a quiz, and when people took the quiz and got the result, they were presented with your beginner package or your advanced package. They would no longer be confused or overwhelmed. They’d know exactly what they needed and would feel confident in making a purchase.
5) Add Quizzes To Your Ebooks & Online Workshops – Add a little bit of fun to your ebooks and online courses by adding quizzes. People have different learning styles, and some people really like having quizzes to “test” them on what they just learned. Your quiz doesn’t have to be focused on the lesson, it can also just be a fun bonus. For example, let’s say that you are a virtual assistant, and in addition to working with clients one-on-one, you have an ebook for small business owners that explains how they can be more organized in their business. You can have a fun quiz that tells them which apps they should use or what their leadership style is. Just a little fun “extra” – but those little extras add a lot of value to your products!