I’m sure you’ve seen the bloggers that list themselves as “PR Friendly” on their blogs, Twitter, etc. I’m sure you’ve seen blogs that list giveaways and have reviews where the blogger mentions that they received the product for free. And I’m sure you have heard about the bloggers that partner with brands and companies and get things like free trips or a free car to drive around in.
Your first thought may have been “Lucky Bitch.” And your second thought may have been “Sell Out.”
Well, maybe. But maybe not.
I can tell you that I am one of those bloggers – the kind that have had the chance to drive around in a new Malibu for a while….
Like all things in life, there is a cool way to do things and a not-so-cool way to do things.
There are those blogs that read like a big, giant commercial. The blogger is saying that this product is great and that product is great and their life would not be complete without this other product. And that is all they write about. Products, products, products.
That’s a not-so-cool way to do things.
But you can partner with brands and still keep your cool. How do you do that? First of all, partner with brands that make products that you already use, and most importantly, that go along with your blog.
For example, if you write a crafty blog, partner with a crafting line on a review and giveaway. That makes total sense, and it’s something your readers would appreciate it.
Partnering with brands can be good for your blog! Here are some reasons why:
- Reviewing items you want to try saves you the money of buying them, and when other people Google the item before buying it, they find your review, and that gives you traffic
- Giveaways bring you LOTS of traffic! People love to win free stuff!
- The more traffic you have, the more money you can charge for ads on your blog, the more money you can make from AdSense, etc
- You have the opportunity to partner on long-term projects and earn steady paychecks with these brands!
I’ve put together an 8 piece workbook set on Working With Brands – and it’s specially priced this week!
Here’s what you’ll receive:
- How To Partner With Brands & Companies workbook
- How To Find Brands & Companies workbook
- Giveaway Tips Sheet & Checklist
- Review Tips Sheet & Checklist
- Blog Checklist
- Social Media Checklist
- A Checklist & Tips For Writing A “One Sheet”
- A Sample Email To Use When Contacting Companies & Brands
- ***Bonus Audio*** A (almost) 60 minute audio where I’m interviewed by Angela Wills of MarketersMojo, asking me questions on how to work with brands
Normally priced at $34.95, you can download the entire program right now for only $17