5 Ways To Market Your New Business
Marketing your business can be done successfully if you have a plan and a strategy in place to execute your marketing tasks consistently. If you are a business owner, regardless of whether you sell products or services, marketing your business is crucial to staying relevant to your ideal customers. With millions of people using online platforms for both entertainment and to shop, it is absolutely necessary to have an online marketing plan in place for your business to be available to your potential customers where they live online.
We have gathered five simple ways you can market your new business and get started on the right path with your digital marketing strategy. This is a roadmap to remind you of the actionable items you will need to implement to get started on your way promoting your business the way it deserves to presented to the world—professionally and effortlessly.
Let’s get started with number one, social media
- Social media is a powerful tool that allows you to connect with your potential customers for free. Content is king here so you absolutely need to create a content schedule of ideas to post each and every single day. A great pro tip is to create your content in monthly batches. This means creating thirty pieces of content that you can auto-schedule and publish every day. So what do you create? Well, you want to ask yourself a few questions first. Ask yourself why you started your business, who you are as a business, how your products or services work, and why you think your products or services will be beneficial for your potential customers. From answering those questions, you can create pieces of content that will help you connect with your audience in a way that is authentic and informative. Always bring value to your potential customers.
- Influencer marketing costs money but can oftentimes lead you straight to your ideal customer base in a way that is better than targeted ads. This is a great avenue to explore. Of course, it will take a little digging to find the right influencer for your business. Luckily, here are some great influencer marketing examples.
- Start a podcast! Learn to dig deep into what your business stands for and talk about it. Talk about your products or services. There are millions of ears who could be looking for exactly what you are selling, but you won’t know until you try. Building your vision for what you want your business to be happens by starting with a simple step. Like opening up a business Facebook page, or consistently making podcasts once per week. Overall, marketing your business in ways that make sense for your product or service is key.
- SEO is a necessary marketing strategy that should be implemented along with creating your website. Ensuring that each page of your website is search engine optimized is critical to making sure it is found more easily by your potential customers online.
Blogging about your products or services can be highly beneficial to creating content that is easily searchable. You might want to think about it this way. When you need a coffee table, for example, and decide you want to buy one online, what do you do? You go to Google and type in something along the lines of, “affordable wooden coffee tables.” From there, a list of webpage options come up that you quickly scroll through to find the best option. Well, with your product or service, that is exactly where you want to be when someone searches something that relates to what you are selling. Search engine optimization can help you do just that. Begin writing valuable blogs with information people can use, and optimize your website to include keywords that make sense to what your business does.
- Community management is essential. This is when you actually speak to your potential audience. Talk to the people engaging with your content, whether that is on your Instagram, Facebook page, podcast comment section, or email. Always respond and always try to initiate conversation related to the customer’s pain points. Avoid trying to sell them your product or service over and over again; no one likes being sold to. We want to talk and connect with people. The more personable you are online, much like you probably are in person, the easier it will be to connect with people and convince them to choose your business over a competitor. This is all because you took the time to get to know them.